Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can I have my spider back?

Sarith sent this to me a couple years ago, and it still makes me laugh: http://www.duttyartz.com/2008/can-i-have-my-spider-back/.

It also prompted me to think about how funny our reactions can be when we're faced with debt.

This has been a rough couple of weeks for Team 308 (the women writing this blog). I won't speak on their behalf, but I know that I've been humbled by the outpouring of friendship I've received. You've cared for me both physically (meals, hugs, plane tickets, phone calls) and spiritually (prayers, encouragement, laughs). I cannot repay you, and I'm embarrassed by the debt.

But I also know that you're never going to send me an invoice. That's not the point of friendship.

The larger Christian analogy is obvious. I'm just sinner racking up debt here, and my tab gets larger with each passing day. No matter how hard I work to be "good," I can't earn my salvation any more than David Thorne can pay his debt with a .gif. And yet, my account has been paid in full. 

So . . . I guess . . . since you're not using it or anything, can I have my spider back?

No comments:

Post a Comment