Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tweet, Tweet

I subscribe to this service called TweetDeck. It's pretty amazing. It feeds me tweets all day long. I like this because I do not have the opportunity to watch the news 24/7 at my desk anymore now that I no longer work on Capitol Hill. Yes, I'm a news junkie. It's ok. I don't mind. I like to think I'm well informed?

Back to my main point. Well, my TweetDeck was feeding me all kinds of tweets today and it reminded me of a tweet a coworker of mine tweeted the other day which said this:
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill
There are so many times in life when I've had to stand up for or stand up to something just because I know it's the right thing to do or just because God is demanding that I do. My parents have raise me and my sister on the principle, "by not saying anything means you agree." Oh dear, I can't even tell you have many times I have had to say something because this message keeps playing over and over in my mind. It can be exhausting.

It's encouraging to remember that even great men like Winston Churchill had to stand up to something or for something. They also inquired undesirable foes. I'm not implying that everyone hates me or that I enjoy when people dislike me. Who does? What I'm trying to say is sometimes standing up to situations or people is sometimes necessary.

And don't be afraid to stand strong. In the end, I know God is always with me when it's time to stand up for/to something or someone. I always ask God to guide my thoughts, give me grace and the right words to say. His outcomes are always perfect.

Well, thank you Mr. Churchill for the encouragement. I don't plan on standing up for anything at this moment, but then again, I don't usually plan on these sorts of things. Be encouraged and check out TweetDeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment