Thursday, December 2, 2010

Update: The Break-Up Starbucks

Well...

We met at The Break-Up Starbucks. I was reading some work materials when he showed up. I was kind of nervous. I think I talked a lot. You know, the I can't stop talking because I'm nervous and not really sure how to read you and don't really care for awkward silence. So...It was 7:30pm and we left The Break-Up Starbucks at 9:45pm. Thoughts?

Topics of Conversation:
What do you do for fun?
Where are you from?
Where did you go to school?
What do you do at your job? Follow-up: What does that mean?
What is your shoe size? Just kidding!
Do you have any siblings?
Where were you before DC?
Etc.........................................

Gosh, I hope the people sitting next to us couldn't figure out we were on a first-kind-of-sort-of-not-paying-for-my-coffee-date. They probably heard everything.

It wasn't difficult to chat with him. He does laugh a lot. I couldn't figure out why he was laughing so much. Um...yeah. BUT...he didn't buy me my coffee. Whoa. That's big time. Thoughts? Shouldn't 30 year old men know this by now? My Mom has always said, "all men know what to do." True? And, he doesn't drink coffee. But, he invited me to coffee? He ordered a lemonade.

Okay.

We ran into some friends before we exited the building. Talked a little while longer. Then we walked to his car which happened to be parked along my route home. He gave me a ride home. So, I wasn't sure if he was all that interested and I can't stand that awkward last 5 minutes of a date. As I was battling to get my large purse and backpack (I have my heavy laptop in it) out of the car, and I was in a dress, he asks if it would be okay to call me when he returns from his mission trip. My response:

"Yeah, that would be fun!"

Really, Sarith? Fun? So he's supposed to call when he returns to the United States of America. We'll see...

Will this be another The Break-Up Starbucks candidate or will he survive? To be continued.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing cheaper than a tall coffee would be a single shot of espresso. Lame.

    ReplyDelete