Thursday, September 2, 2010

An End To The Tuna Era

I sent this mock press release to my friends today. I thought it would be good press release writing practice. I now work for a public relations firm and writing press releases is something we do often. My experiences on Capitol Hill did not expose me to much press release writing. I felt the need to practice and share my recent decision with friends. I also just felt like being random and silly. Sometimes, I crack myself up.


S.R. LEAVES TUNA SANDWICHES BEHIND

For Immediate Release September 2, 2010
S.T.R
202-680-XXXX

Washington, DC - Today marks the day of a new era. S.R., age
27, will no longer consume tuna sandwiches from Subway or any vendor
that offers the delectable sandwiches. After reviewing the
nutritional contents of the sandwich online, she has determined that
tuna sandwiches are not worthy of consumption and several miles of
challenging exercise. The negative nutritional value significantly
outweighs the joy her taste buds experience and communicate to her
brain. In a press conference today, all by herself at her desk,
S. said:

"Goodbye tuna. It was fun while it lasted. This is an unfortunate
finding, but this step is necessary for my mental and physical well
being. I am saddened that our present national economic conditions
convinced me that the tuna sandwich was a wise dining choice.
However, I now know the truth. I must move on."

S.R. will now consider different sandwiches during her lunch
and dinner hours. She will make sure to carefully evaluate her
sandwich choices before purchasing. She wants to thank her family and
friends for their support.

--End--

###

No comments:

Post a Comment