Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hope

What is hope?

Hope: to cherish a desire with anticipation (Merriam-Webster).

Seems easily attainable, manageable and desirable.

Today's Bible Verse: Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11 (Biblegateway.com)

What jumps out, "Put your hope in God..." That's a command, not an option. Why do we consistently struggle with trying to personally produce, manage and stimulate our own hope? Why is it so difficult to trust God and put all our hope in him? Why is this a daily struggle?

It's amazing that the author mentions how his soul is "downcast" and "disturbed." Just proves the author felt a lot of the feelings we feel today. My soul does stir and it tells me a lot about myself. If feels, reveals and is the gateway into my heart and spirit.

God has always given (yes, even when I don't deserve it) me a peaceful hope, one that quiets my soul, mind and spirit (again, exceeding my expectations, He didn't need to take care of all areas). This hope feeds my soul and nourishes it when it's been bruised.

"I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." God has always been there and has always exceeded my expectations. God knows me better than I know myself. Everyday we choose and everyday I will choose to place my hope in Jesus Christ. Will you do the same?

Just one more thing: We must remember not to hope in things and/or outcomes we want. We need to "hope in God." Yup, the verse says it. Give it up! Let it go! God is so good and in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment